Dominick Moreno Announces Desire to Run for Commerce City Ward 1 Council Position

As many of you probably don’t know me, I’d like to tell you a little bit about myself. I am the son of Domingo and Adelia (“Dilly”) Moreno, who have both lived in Commerce City most of their lives. I was born and raised in this city, attending Central Elementary, Kearney Middle School, and finally Adams City High School where I graduated valedictorian of the class of 2003. In high school, I was very active in Student Council (serving all 4 years), National Honor Society, and M.E.Ch.A. (Movimiento Estudiantil de Chicano de Aztlán). I received scholarships from the Adams County Education Foundation, Daniels Fund, and Columbine Never Forgotten Fund. Because of these generous scholarships, I was able to attend Georgetown University in Washington, DC.

In DC, I continued to pursue my passion for community service by pledging a co-ed community service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega. I served in a number of leadership positions and had the opportunity to volunteer a summer teaching English in Sinaloa, Mexico in 2006. I was recognized for my commitment to service with the Distinguished Service Key, the highest award granted at the chapter level. After graduating with a bachelor’s degree in American Government in 2008, I decided to return to Colorado and give back to the community that has given me so much.

To that end, I respectfully announce my candidacy for Ward I of City Council. I am running because I believe Commerce City produces people with a great variety of talents. However, often times, these talented individuals leave our city and put their gifts to work elsewhere, neglecting the community that nurtured their potential. I decided some time ago that I would not be one of those people. I returned to Commerce City and am using my talents to fight for the citizens of this community. Because, after all, Commerce City is home. I know it inside and out and I promise to be a tireless advocate for everyone who lives here.

I look forward to speaking with you about your ideas, opinions, and concerns regarding city council. Contact me by e-mail at moreno.dominick@gmail.com or by phone at (303) 907-0714.

11 comments:

Tim Dalton said...

Welcome Mr. Moreno!

Tim Dalton

ccSpeaks said...

Looks like we gots ourselves a real race in good ole' ward one

ccSpeaks

Cheo said...

Thank you for running Dominick

Cheo Larcombe

Gina said...

Wow you are young. Just what this city needs

Gina

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, congrats and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, you might want to answer the questions posted on the blog for the candidates.
I would like to know where you stand, your education and youth is great, but tells me nothing about the issues.

Mac said...

Dominick,

Welcome to the party, it's good to see a home grown boy, come home.

As you can see there are a lot good questions to get your head around.

I'll look forward to meeting you, and again, welcome to the race.

Mac McFarlin

720-220-4323

mac4ccw1@q.com

Stephanie said...

Why do you want to be on city council?

Stephaine

Anonymous said...

Where do you stand on illegal immigrants and enforcement of the law in our ward?

Concerned voter

Anonymous said...

hmm

Sybian said...

Thank you for going to the forum and participating.

Sybian, Commerce City